12.31.2016

On the Fifth Day of Christmas // Hero Arts

I hope you all had a joyful Christmas! However, as I've mentioned in years past, Christmas goes on for twelve days! Basically that's my excuse for posting this Christmas card a little late. ;)

For today's card, the beautiful Antique Poinsietta is the star of the show. I heat embossed the poinsietta several times in white on watercolor cardstock, and then colored it in with some ZIG's and water.


After the flower was finished drying, I die cut it using the coordinating dies, and then moved on to the rest of my card.


The kraft card base was heat embossed with some clear Sparkle embossing powder and the Dot Moire large pattern stamp. To keep things continuous, I also heat embossed a scrap piece of kraft with more clear Sparkle embossing powder, then die cut my "joy" sentiment from it. 


The die cut was layered behind a piece of chipboard for a little more dimension, and then I stamped the sentiment in Caramel. I put the flower together, adhered it to the card, and topped it off with some gold accents.

Thanks so much for stopping in and happy fifth day of Christmas! ;)

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Hero Arts Kraft, Canson XL Series Watercolor Pad
Ink: ZIG pens, Hero Arts Caramel, Versamark
Other: Hero Arts White and clear Sparkle embossing powder, gold accents

Tools: heat gun, Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Color Antique Layering Poinsettia and Joy Stamp and Cut dies

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, Clare! This card is a classic, absolutely beautiful! Good luck with your move...hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)