1.05.2013

On the eleventh day...

...some fun in the Fun House collection! Last day before the Epiphany!

Our challenge this month was to define our style, which sounds easy. Thing is, I just can't make up my mind what my style is, as one day I feel shabby chic, and one day I feel clean and simple.

I made this card on a clean and simple day...


I would definitely call this my style...on a clean and simple day, that is. ;)

Oh, and I just wanted to share tidbit on how I adhered my big label and those stars...

I had already popped up my background paper with store pop ups, so I didn't want the label to stand out too much more, but I didn't want it to blend in. So I took some thick chipboard (I usually get it from the backing of a paper pad)...


 Cut it to size my paper...


...and adhered it one both sides.


Dimension, but not too much. Can you tell which one is backed up by pop dots, and one by the chipboard?



And for the stars? Sometimes I just don't feel safe using my normal roll-on adhesive for little elements, so I use some Glossy Accents (what I like to call a scrappers super glue) to adhere it.  :)

Thanks for looking and have an awesome day!

If you'd like to win a large flat rate box stocked full of papercrafting goodies, you can participate in the my twelve days of Christmas challenge by checking out THIS post, or linking up your card on the sidebar!

********************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: Unknown
Patterned paper: GCD Studios "Fun House"
Stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: Staz-on
Chipboard elements: GCD Studios
Other: String

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, Fiskars border punch, scissors

3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card, Clare!!! I must say that I fall in love with your style no matter what kind of a day you are having :D

    Love and miss you Little Sis!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too don't know what style I am in...it's hard for me to be just clean and simple..yet I love clean and simple cards like this lovely one of yours...thanks for sharing about the chipboard...I haven't used chip board but i have adhered 2 scrap pieces of smaller cardstock together..when I want it lifted up a little but not too much...I will be trying the chipboard in the future...:)
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)