6.19.2010

Fun in the Sun - join us!

Hello!
Just a quick post reminding everybody of the SSC Fun in the Sun party!! We're having loads of fun already, and would love it if you would join!
And now I will explain my special call to my HA friends - not only are they incredibly talented, but I know some of you gals have the "Be Happy" clear stamp set which would be perfect for my challenge which is bug inspired, and you can view it HERE. There's an awesome RAK up for grabs!!
Here is my take;


My sewing machine is broken, and since I needed this card in a hurry, I sloppily stitched the bottoms of the brown cardstock.

Instructions: Cut out paper base and center. Stamp images onto dark brown paper, and then stamp bees and flower leaves onto patterned paper for paper piecing. Add bee images and leaves to dark brown center. Make rolled paper flower, and attach to top of flower stem. Stitch ends of brown paper. Adhere embellished brown paper to kraft base. Distress edges. Add nail polish to bee wings for shine.

Anyways, hope to see you at the party!!

******************************
Bee There card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: October Afternoon "Thrift Shop" and "Fly a Kite"
Stamps: Hero Arts "Bee Happy"
Ink: Colorbox, Staz-on
Other: embroidery floss, nail polish

Tools: scissors, trimmer, adhesive, pin


6 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, Clare! Sounds like a fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Clare, I will be joining you ladies when I get home! Have a great time today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! love the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute design & I love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous little bees :) I like the rustic look of the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)