5.23.2010

t-h-a-n-k-s

Hiya!

I have a card today especially for you people who come here every other day or so to listen to my complaints and leave sweet comments. It really means a lot...really. :)

First things first, I wanted to make a big butterfly - it's been awhile since I've had any butterflies on my cards, so I decided now was the time. Besides, every papercrafter I know loves cards with butterflies, and since this is dedicated to you, why not?

For the butterfly, I took a digital image from Hero Arts and traced it onto the black polka dot paper. Then cut out all the sides and traced the middle piece onto the yellow graph paper. Added some Heidi Grace epoxy stickers Charlene gave me, and recycled some acetate from a Kaisercraft package for the inside spaces. Proof;


Anyways, when finished making the butterfly, and much deliberation on which patterned paper to have in the background, I took the front of the Thrift Shop paper pad because it had almost all of the patterns. Here it is...


Finally I just threw everything together because I was so tired...

{sorry the photo is so crappy!}
Yes, I did cut out all those tiny letters.{sigh} It was a tiring day and I just wanted to finish the card, and I couldn't think of anything else that would finish off the card but the letters.

This was also for a SSC challenge, but since I can't remember which (I'm designing for two of the groups now, so I can get confused), I'll just leave you a LINK to the site.

t-h-a-n-k-s for stopping in! ;)


************************

t-h-a-n-k-s card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: October Afternoon "Thrift Shop"
Stamps: Hero Arts "Futterbies", "Tree, Bird and Messages"
Ink: Ink It Up!
Half pearls: Kaisercraft
Other: twine, recycled acetate, Heidi Grace epoxy stickers

Tools: trimmer, Nestablilities, adhesive, pop it dots, Cuttlebug, scissors

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Clare! Love, love, love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really fantastic!!! No matter for which challenge (BTW, I still haven't taken part in any of those you propose on SSC but I will, I promise!)... Love this huge butterfly against this cleverly recycled background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card and even more cool that you used the package! I've saved mine to do the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC, Clare! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea to use the cover of the paper pad!! Go-Clare :) I love that big butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! it's really cool how you used the digital butterfly! gorgeous card!! love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)